Welcome home to amazing waterfront living on Reston's Lake Thoreau! Enjoy waterfront views from every level of this awesome, contemporary home. The front breezeway, overlooking a beautiful, private stone courtyard below, welcomes you to the main level with sweeping views of the lake. The living room offers amazing lake views and sliding glass doors lead to a spacious, yet private, covered deck with a spiral staircase to the lower level deck. The living room has a gas fireplace and opens to the kitchen and dining room. The dining room also has access to the main level deck through sliding glass doors. Great space to entertain, and great "flow" between the indoor and outdoor spaces! The kitchen is open and bright and has an island with dining space and great natural light and views of the lake. The kitchen also features hardwood floors, granite counters and stainless steel appliances. The primary suite is located on the top level of the home with its amazing floor-to-ceiling waterfront views! The primary suite has new carpet, a walk-in closet and a primary bathroom with granite, double vanity sinks, and a bright and light tiled shower. Bedroom #2 has been opened up from the original floor plan to offer an office/desk space and large, double-door closet. There is also a beautiful full bathroom on this level, as well as a sitting room with hardwood floors and a "chalkboard wall" and a light and bright laundry room. One level down from the main living level is a family room with new hardwood floors, a wood-burning fireplace and sliding glass doors leading to a large, brick patio - great for entertaining - with steps to the lower level deck and steps to the private dock and shoreline. There is also a third bedroom with new hardwood flooring, as well as the third full bathroom with a shower/tub. On the ground level, enjoy a spacious recreation room! This is great space for a movie room, workout room, lower level office, etc. The fourth bedroom is also on this level, complete with a large closet and waterfront views! There is also an unfinished storage room...great for a small workshop and extra boat equipment storage and seasonal storage. Updates: The roof was replaced in 2010 (40-year roof). New dishwasher (2021). New dryer (2020). New hardwood floors in the family room and bedroom #3 (2021). New carpet in the primary bedroom and stairway (2021). The entire exterior was painted (2018). The living room, stairway, kitchen, two bathrooms, recreation room, sitting room, one bedroom, laundry room and the loft were freshly painted (2021). This home is beautifully situated on the lake, with terrific views throughout the seasons. Enjoy the convenience to all of Reston's amenities including pools, tennis courts and miles of trails. What about commuting? It's less than a mile to the Wiehle Avenue Silver Line Metro. This is such a great location! Enjoy waterfront living and the ease and convenience to the Metro, major commuter routes and awesome dining and amenities! Why not vacation 24/7?! Schedule your tour today!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Contemporary
Hot Water Heater, Gas Water Heater, Other, Public
Public Sewer, Other
3,680 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Other, Cable TV, Underground
Fairfax County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Storage, Sitting Room, Foyer, Loft, Office
- Eat-In Kitchen, Island
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Microwave, Cook Top Range, Cooktop Downdraft, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Humidifier, Self-Cleaning Oven, Wall Oven, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Other, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, A/C - Zone, A/C - Other, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Gas Heat, Electric Heating. Heat Pump, Forced Air, Zone.
- Full, Full Finished, Entrance Outside, Walkout
- 2. Gas Burning, Fireplace Screen, Wood-burning.
- Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces.
- Breezeway, Deck, Patio, Porch
- Asphalt, Shingle
- Lot View
- Lake, Water, Trees/Woods
- Body of Water
- Lake Thoreau
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Private Dock, Hot Tub, Sidewalks, Landscaped, Fishing, Atrium. Landscaping, Premium, Other.
- Community Amenities
- Baseball Field, Basketball Courts, Bike Trail, Common Grounds, Community Center, Golf Club, Golf Course, Lake, Library, Meeting Room, Party Room, Picnic Area, Pool - Indoor, Pool - Outdoor, Swimming Pool, Tennis Courts, Tot Lots/Playground, Volleyball Cou
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price